St. Wilfrid's Barrow on Trent
St. Wilfrid’s is a beautiful medieval building on Church Lane, over looking the
Trent valley. The Church, at one time, was an outpost for the Knights Hospitallers
of St John and has many interesting features, old and new.
We offer a varied pattern of Sunday services including both quiet, reflective Holy
Communion and our monthly Worship for All, to which families are particularly welcome,
young and old. Special services are also organised for specific occasions at different
times throughout the year. For more information contact Anne Heathcote.
Our usual Sunday pattern is:
- 1st Sunday in the month: 9.00 a.m. Holy Communion (said)
- 2nd Sunday in the month: 10.30 a.m. Morning Worship.
- 3rd Sunday in the month: 10.30 a.m. Holy Communion.
- 4th Sunday in the month: 10.30 a.m. Worship for All.
Our other activities include:
- Coffee Morning with a Speaker every 2nd Saturday in the month from 10.30 a.m. in
- Youth Group meets every Wednesday evening at 7.00 p.m. in Church.
- The village school, Sale and Davys Primary School has close links with the Church
- The Barrow Singers, who support the Church when requested, rehearse on Monday evenings
and perform concerts throughout the year.